: ATC, Al Garhoud, Dubai
: Morning 09:30hrs - 16:30hrs
The fee will include morning tea/snacks, buffet lunch and afternoon tea/snacks/refreshments.
Course material will be provided and Certificate will be issued at the end of the Workshop.
About the course
This course will provide understanding of mandatory continued airworthiness information and non-mandatory continued airworthiness information in EASA, FAA & Transport Canada Regulatory systems. The process of issuance of airworthiness directives will also form a part of the course.
The course has been specially tailored keeping in mind UAE Industry needs to give understanding of applicable airworthiness directives with details of regulatory provisions. In addition the training would contain airworthiness directive reading exercises.
Who should attend the Workshop?
Managers and staff from Design organizations, Airlines (CAR M), MRO CAR 145), Engineering Training Organizations and Production Organizations.
- Regulations for the issuance of Airworthiness Directives in EASA, FAA, Transport Canada systems
- The GCAA regulations for the issuance of airworthiness directives and applicable airworthiness directives
- What is AMOC (Alternate Method of Compliance), how and when it is issued.
- New possible airworthiness directives - operational suitability data
- Airworthiness directives reading exercises from EASA, FAA, Transport Canada and GCAA.
Pre - requisites:
A basic understanding of the subjects dealt with in the training course is an advantage but not necessary.
Duration: 1.5 days
Faculty: Mr. Zahid Munawar
Zahid Munawar has been associated with training aviation professionals since over two decades. He has been involved with different areas of CAR 21 i.e. design and repairs approvals, design and production organizations approvals and continued airworthiness, and has pioneered CAR 21 activities in the UAE. He is a lead auditor of design and production organizations. During his career he had a chance of interacting with almost all of the major aircraft manufacturers of the world.
Zahid is a very experienced regulator and possesses in depth working knowledge of the FAA, EASA and UAE regulatory regimes. He has been involved in detailed discussion on complex CAR 21 related matters with FAA & Boeing, EASA & Airbus. He has drafted various regulations and has been involved as a team member in many regulation drafting projects. He has been member of ICAO panels. He is an experienced flight engineer on Mi-8 & Mi-17 helicopters.
Dangerous Goods Regulations (Recurrent)
Renewal of Dangerous Goods Regulations course is a mandatory training requirement for air operators, ground handling agents and freight forwarders staff. "Approved by UAE General Civil Aviation Authority."
The participants will be able to correctly accept and handle the dangerous goods shipments in accordance with the national and international Regulations.
Dangerous Goods Regulations (Initial)
Dangerous Goods Regulations course is a mandatory training requirement for air operators, ground handling agents and freight forwarders staff.
To achieve the highest safety standards in transportation of dangerous goods by properly planned and maintained initial and recurrent training courses for all personnel in your organization which commensurate with their responsibilities.
- The Structure of the Dangerous Goods Regulations
- Hidden Dangerous Goods
- Packaging Specifications & Performance Tests
- UN Specification
- Marking & Labelling
- Radioactive Material
- Dangerous Goods in Excepted & Limited Quantities
- Revision Exercises
- The participants will be able to correctly accept and handle the dangerous goods shipments in accordance with the national and international Regulations.
- Be able to identify the 9 Classes of Dangerous Goods that comprises of 24 items and 23 Labels
- Recognize the 7 Items which have been assigned the 3 Degrees of Dangers, based on Laboratory Tests
- Retrieve details related to each item listed in the Blue Pages, in regard to its Proper Shipping Name, Primary Hazard, Subsidiary Risks, Packing Group, Quantity Limitations relevant to each Packing Instruction and the Special provisions if and when applicable.
- Be able to interpret and understand the Package Manufacturer�s Markings and choose the appropriate Package, that would suit the requirements of the items that he would need to pack.
- Be aware of the 16 clauses that he would need to comply, under the caption of �General Packing Requirements� in Section 5.0.8
- Comply with the Packing Instructions applicable to the item /items that he would need to pack.
- Be able to refer to Section 7 and comply with the Marking and Labelling Requirements
- Be able to refer to Section 8 and execute a DGD in compliance to all the Requirements
- Be able to refer to Section 10 and find the Outer Package required to transport the Radionuclide, Mark and Label the Package and execute the DGD.
- Recognize any Undeclared Dangerous Goods contained in items that could be presented as General Cargo and in the Baggage of Passengers and Crew.
- Be aware of the Emergency procedures, that he would need to apply, in the context of an Accident or Incident at his Work place, to protect himself, his colleagues and the Property around him.
- Working knowledge of English language (Read, Write, Speak)
- Basic concepts of mathematics
- Course completion certificate after being successful in exam
- Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA)
- UAE General Civil Aviation Authority (GCAA)
Dangerous Goods Handling
This course provides ramp and warehouse personnel to gain relevant knowledge and understanding of dangerous goods, their potential hazards, and the procedures applicable to their storage, loading and handling.
The participants will be able to enhance knowledge of how to handle dangerous goods safely and securely when transported by air.
Dangerous Goods for Passenger Handling Staff
This course provides information to detect and inform passengers about dangerous goods in hold-baggage and hand-baggage and to take appropriate action.
On completion of this course the personnel will be able to recognize dangerous goods in the passengers' baggage, to identify the hidden hazards and evaluate the threat level within their competence.
Air Transport of Infectious Substances
This course will provide shipping guidelines of Transport of infectious substances and facilitate customers accordingly benefiting personnel from medical industry, airlines, cargo agents and pharmaceutical industry.
The participants will gain necessary knowledge and its application, follow the key principals involved in the shipping of infectious substances.
Air Transport of Radioactive Material
The purpose of this course is to provide participants with basic understanding & knowledge of rules involved in transport of Radioactive Material by Air.
The course will provide knowledge to identify the requirements of accepting & handling a radioactive shipment.
Ramp Safety Management
- Basic Parts of the Airside
- Types of aircraft
- Ramp Vehicles and Equipment
- Warning Signs & Symbols
- Personal Safety & Behaviour
- Risk Assessment
- Hazards Working Around an Aircraft
- Hazards And Preventive Measures Within The ERA
- Safe Practices on the Ramp
- Describe the airport environment
- Outline personal safety and behaviour
- Identify hazards involved when working with aircraft
- Identify hazards and preventive measures when working within the Equipment Restraint Area (ERA)
- Outline safe practices when on the ramp.
Transport of Lithium Batteries by Air
Though the lithium batteries have become an essential part of our daily life yet the transportation of lithium batteries (lithium ion, lithium metal, etc.) by air face unique hazards and challenges. Therefore, for many shippers the handling and transport of lithium batteries is becoming a common concern.
Aviation Training Center is pleased to offer traitor-made courses on Transport of Lithium Batteries by Air. These courses will focus on ICAO and IATA significant changes implemented during the past few years to the way lithium batteries need to be classified, labelled, packaged, documented and handled.
Personnel involved in the transport of lithium batteries by air.
- Nomenclature of the lithium batteries
- Overview of the local & international regulations
- Classification according to IATA DGR
- Specific packaging requirements
- Selection of appropriate packing instruction
- Marking and labeling
- Transport documents
- Open forum
This course will equip delegates to understand how lithium batteries work and what hazards do they pose during transportation. On completion of the course delegates will have sufficient knowledge to transport lithium batteries by air which would help raising the safety bar.
Delegates who successfully complete the examination will receive a certificate. Minimum 80% marks are required to pass the examination.
FlatPack is eCommerce ready. Simply install the WooCommerce plugin and have your online shop up and running in minutes. FlatPack is perfectly styled to show off your products to your customers. Just a few of WooCommerce’s features are;
Shipping and Tax
The eCommerce plugin has built in comprehensive shipping settings enabling you to define shipping costs per product, or declare a flat rate for al your products, you can also offer free shipping.
If you don’t want to go through the trouble of adding your own payment gateway, the plugin already supports a wide variety of popular payment gateways for you that are Plug & Play.
Create & Sell all kinds of Products
The plugins product management is focused on easy-of-use; if you’re comfortable writing and publishing a post within WordPress, adding products will be a similar breeze.
Much much more
It is an incredibly impressive eCommerce plugin that continues to get better. Read more about their features�here.
Admin Options Panel
General Options Tab
The general options which you can manage within Flatpack are;
- Upload your own custom logo
- Upload your own favicon
- Upload your own custom login logo
- Choose to show Breadcrumbs
- Choose which post meta & content you want to display
- Choose which Page meta you want to show
- Add your own custom RSS URL
Site Layout Tab
The site layout options include the ability to change between a full-width or boxed version. You can choose to use the theme as a blog, use the preset layout settings or go for the widget driven setup so you can choose how you want your site layout to be. As well as that you can choose to have a right sidebar, left sidebar or no sidebar.
With the Header tab you can choose to show a full page title description. Within Flatpack you can also have a Header contact bar and populate it with a phone number, email, facebook link, twitter link, LinkedIn link, Google+ link and Pinterest link.
From the Footer tab you can manage the ‘Site Wide Call to Action’ bar and its content. You’re able to add a button with a link. On top of that you can add some footer text and include your own site analytic code.
Custom Styling Tab
This area is for you to do your own custom CSS if you so wish or add in your social widget code.
Amazing Customer Support
We care a lot about our customers. You should have the best experience possible with Obox and our themes. Amazing customer support is important to us and something which you should have. We offer full theme documentation as well as our dedicated support forum staffed by our support gurus. Don’t just take our word for it though, check some of the testimonials on the FlatPack homepage from Obox customers.
Great Sidebar Choices
11 Page Templates
The FlatPack WordPress theme by Obox comes with an incredible choice of 11 page templates including a default, archives, blog, contact, full width, partners, portfolio, services, shop, team and features template.
There are various options which come with each page template. With the contact template you can add your address which displays on a large google map.