Dangerous Goods Regulations (Initial)
Dangerous Goods Regulations course is a mandatory training requirement for air operators, ground handling agents and freight forwarders staff.
To achieve the highest safety standards in transportation of dangerous goods by properly planned and maintained initial and recurrent training courses for all personnel in your organization which commensurate with their responsibilities.
- The Structure of the Dangerous Goods Regulations
- Hidden Dangerous Goods
- Packaging Specifications & Performance Tests
- UN Specification
- Marking & Labelling
- Radioactive Material
- Dangerous Goods in Excepted & Limited Quantities
- Revision Exercises
- The participants will be able to correctly accept and handle the dangerous goods shipments in accordance with the national and international Regulations.
- Be able to identify the 9 Classes of Dangerous Goods that comprises of 24 items and 23 Labels
- Recognize the 7 Items which have been assigned the 3 Degrees of Dangers, based on Laboratory Tests
- Retrieve details related to each item listed in the Blue Pages, in regard to its Proper Shipping Name, Primary Hazard, Subsidiary Risks, Packing Group, Quantity Limitations relevant to each Packing Instruction and the Special provisions if and when applicable.
- Be able to interpret and understand the Package Manufacturer�s Markings and choose the appropriate Package, that would suit the requirements of the items that he would need to pack.
- Be aware of the 16 clauses that he would need to comply, under the caption of �General Packing Requirements� in Section 5.0.8
- Comply with the Packing Instructions applicable to the item /items that he would need to pack.
- Be able to refer to Section 7 and comply with the Marking and Labelling Requirements
- Be able to refer to Section 8 and execute a DGD in compliance to all the Requirements
- Be able to refer to Section 10 and find the Outer Package required to transport the Radionuclide, Mark and Label the Package and execute the DGD.
- Recognize any Undeclared Dangerous Goods contained in items that could be presented as General Cargo and in the Baggage of Passengers and Crew.
- Be aware of the Emergency procedures, that he would need to apply, in the context of an Accident or Incident at his Work place, to protect himself, his colleagues and the Property around him.
- Working knowledge of English language (Read, Write, Speak)
- Basic concepts of mathematics
- Course completion certificate after being successful in exam
- Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA)
- UAE General Civil Aviation Authority (GCAA)
Dangerous Goods Awareness Program
The awareness program is designed to give cargo handling personnel basic knowledge and understanding of dangerous goods, their potential risk, handling aspects and applicable emergency procedures.
On successfully completing the course, attendees shall be able to:
- Acquire the basic knowledge and understanding of Dangerous Goods Regulations.
- Identify the nine classes of Dangerous Goods.
- Identify the different hidden Dangerous Goods.
- Identify the different types of labels and marking.
Dangerous Goods Regulations (Recurrent)
Renewal of Dangerous Goods Regulations course is a mandatory training requirement for air operators, ground handling agents and freight forwarders staff. "Approved by UAE General Civil Aviation Authority."
The participants will be able to correctly accept and handle the dangerous goods shipments in accordance with the national and international Regulations.
Dangerous Goods Handling
This course provides ramp and warehouse personnel to gain relevant knowledge and understanding of dangerous goods, their potential hazards, and the procedures applicable to their storage, loading and handling.
The participants will be able to enhance knowledge of how to handle dangerous goods safely and securely when transported by air.
Dangerous Goods for Passenger Handling Staff
This course provides information to detect and inform passengers about dangerous goods in hold-baggage and hand-baggage and to take appropriate action.
On completion of this course the personnel will be able to recognize dangerous goods in the passengers' baggage, to identify the hidden hazards and evaluate the threat level within their competence.
Air Transport of Infectious Substances
This course will provide shipping guidelines of Transport of infectious substances and facilitate customers accordingly benefiting personnel from medical industry, airlines, cargo agents and pharmaceutical industry.
The participants will gain necessary knowledge and its application, follow the key principals involved in the shipping of infectious substances.
Air Transport of Radioactive Material
The purpose of this course is to provide participants with basic understanding & knowledge of rules involved in transport of Radioactive Material by Air.
The course will provide knowledge to identify the requirements of accepting & handling a radioactive shipment.
Ramp Safety Management
- Basic Parts of the Airside
- Types of aircraft
- Ramp Vehicles and Equipment
- Warning Signs & Symbols
- Personal Safety & Behaviour
- Risk Assessment
- Hazards Working Around an Aircraft
- Hazards And Preventive Measures Within The ERA
- Safe Practices on the Ramp
- Describe the airport environment
- Outline personal safety and behaviour
- Identify hazards involved when working with aircraft
- Identify hazards and preventive measures when working within the Equipment Restraint Area (ERA)
- Outline safe practices when on the ramp.
Transport of Lithium Batteries by Air
Though the lithium batteries have become an essential part of our daily life yet the transportation of lithium batteries (lithium ion, lithium metal, etc.) by air face unique hazards and challenges. Therefore, for many shippers the handling and transport of lithium batteries is becoming a common concern.
Aviation Training Center is pleased to offer traitor-made courses on Transport of Lithium Batteries by Air. These courses will focus on ICAO and IATA significant changes implemented during the past few years to the way lithium batteries need to be classified, labelled, packaged, documented and handled.
Personnel involved in the transport of lithium batteries by air.
- Nomenclature of the lithium batteries
- Overview of the local & international regulations
- Classification according to IATA DGR
- Specific packaging requirements
- Selection of appropriate packing instruction
- Marking and labeling
- Transport documents
- Open forum
This course will equip delegates to understand how lithium batteries work and what hazards do they pose during transportation. On completion of the course delegates will have sufficient knowledge to transport lithium batteries by air which would help raising the safety bar.
Delegates who successfully complete the examination will receive a certificate. Minimum 80% marks are required to pass the examination.
Basic Cargo Handling
This course provides the procedural knowledge required for handling Cargo. The participants will learn the key concepts and principles applicable in the Air Cargo Industry.
On completion of the training participants should be able to:
- Have a solid background, knowledge and skills in cargo operations.
- Have an idea about Airport, Aircraft & Documents used in Air Cargo.
- Gain Insight into rules, regulations, safety and security as it affects Cargo Handling functions.
- Understand the cargo industry and how it operates.
- Identify different types of special loads requiring special handling.
- Understand the importance of correct ULD handling procedures and their serviceability.
Admin Options Panel
General Options Tab
The general options which you can manage within Flatpack are;
- Upload your own custom logo
- Upload your own favicon
- Upload your own custom login logo
- Choose to show Breadcrumbs
- Choose which post meta & content you want to display
- Choose which Page meta you want to show
- Add your own custom RSS URL
Site Layout Tab
The site layout options include the ability to change between a full-width or boxed version. You can choose to use the theme as a blog, use the preset layout settings or go for the widget driven setup so you can choose how you want your site layout to be. As well as that you can choose to have a right sidebar, left sidebar or no sidebar.
With the Header tab you can choose to show a full page title description. Within Flatpack you can also have a Header contact bar and populate it with a phone number, email, facebook link, twitter link, LinkedIn link, Google+ link and Pinterest link.
From the Footer tab you can manage the ‘Site Wide Call to Action’ bar and its content. You’re able to add a button with a link. On top of that you can add some footer text and include your own site analytic code.
Custom Styling Tab
This area is for you to do your own custom CSS if you so wish or add in your social widget code.
Amazing Customer Support
We care a lot about our customers. You should have the best experience possible with Obox and our themes. Amazing customer support is important to us and something which you should have. We offer full theme documentation as well as our dedicated support forum staffed by our support gurus. Don’t just take our word for it though, check some of the testimonials on the FlatPack homepage from Obox customers.
Great Sidebar Choices
11 Page Templates
The FlatPack WordPress theme by Obox comes with an incredible choice of 11 page templates including a default, archives, blog, contact, full width, partners, portfolio, services, shop, team and features template.
There are various options which come with each page template. With the contact template you can add your address which displays on a large google map.